This post is way different from what I usually post about. This is not a travel post and for the first time I have been nominated for the Liebster Awards by a fellow travel blogger at Not All Things Touristy!. I thank her for this nomination and recommend you guys to check out her blog . So, the Liebster Award is given to bloggers by the blogging community in order to praise their hard work in this field as well as to get to know them better. In this post, as per the rules of the Awards I would have to answer ten questions asked to me by my nominator, nominate ten blogs on my behalf and request them to answer some questions about themselves.
Here are the questions that she asked me :
Where are you from and where are you currently based out of?
I am from Kolkata, India and currently I am in Manchester, UK for higher studies.
What inspired you to start blogging?
A combination of love for travelling, photography and writing motivated me to start my own travel blog. Also, the fact that before I started my blog I used to read other travel blogs and was in full awe of them.
For blogging, do you feel more creative at day or night?
I don’t really have a suitable time when the words come to me. It can be at midnight or even while watching a movie on a similar subject that I would blog about.
Are you active on other social media platforms? Which ones?
I am active on three main social media platforms:
Facebook: (Page) www.facebook.com/trekkersoftheeast
What are your must haves before you start blogging? (What kind of environment do you prefer for blogging?)
I need to have my laptop, a diary to scribble and plan out the post, a pen (of course J ), pamphlets of places I have been to so that I can add in more information for future travellers. There should be strictly no noise in the room because I work best in a quiet atmosphere.
Do you have a particular favourite blogger?
I don’t really have any particular favourite blogger. I like to brose through travel blogs mostly and other genres life lifestyle and food.
Would you like to pursue blogging as a full-time career eventually?
I don’t think so, because I want to be a journalist. My professional priority would always be journalism and second to that would be my travel blog.
Have you ever attended a blogger’s meet-up in person? Tell us more if you have.
No. I have never attended a bloggers meet up.
What are the top three things/places in your bucket list and why?
- Vatican City- I can lose myself in the beautiful architecture of the Pantheon and the other churches. It has been on my list for a long time.
- Benaras/ Varanasi- Something about the evening arati (prayers) on the banks of River Ganga draw me towards this place. Although this might soon be struck off from my bucket list as I have a trip planned.
- Austria- ever since I have seen the hills and landscapes of ‘Sound of Music’ it has been on my list.
Tell us about your best/worst travel experience till date?
My best travel experience was a travel vacation I took recently to Wales with friends. It was liberating and culturally uplifting having met tourists from all places and corners of the world. We met, chatted and shared our travel experiences with each other knowing that we might never meet again in this world.
My worst travel experiences are always with the transport delays. In Jaipur my flight was on hold for nearly eight hours and I reached Kolkata ultimately at 4 am. In Manchester, my train to Lake District did not have a coach and I travelled for two hours standing.
Furthermore, here are my nominations:
1. Zishan Asad
Here are my ten questions to my nominees:-
- Please introduce yourselves and your blog.
- Describe how did you first get into blogging?
- Who/What has impacted you most in blogging and how?
- Do you have any favourite bloggers?
- How would you rate your blog out of ten?
- If there was one thing you would want to change about your blog, what would it be?
- What are your future plans with your blog?
- Tell us about your best and worst blogging experience till date?
- Which Social Networking Platforms are you active on?
- If not blogging, what can we find you doing most of the time?
I would request my nominees to follow the rules of this award and nominate other lovely bloggers so that each one feel recognised for the hard work that they put in to maintain their great blogs. I would eagerly wait to read their responses. As for me, I will be back soon with another one of my adventures next week.